Periodical Cicada Emergence Underway
Residents of central Virginia are beginning to see and soon hear the resonating sounds of the 17 year cicada as they emerge from their reclusive home below ground to molt, mate, lay eggs and complete their live cycle. This photograph was taken by Judy Wyatt, a Goochland Powhatan Master Gardener, at her Louisa County home in early May.
VCE, Goochland Office Quarterly Newsletter
- Virginia Cooperative Extension employees increase colorectal cancer screening rates by 20 percent
- ‘Designer manure’ could become fashionable on farms
- 97th annual Virginia 4-H State Congress inspires true leaders
- Virginia Tech to host Beef and Forage Field Day at Kentland Farm on July 27
- Scientists determine key factors of honeybee decline